We’re excited to announce the launch of Advance Austin, a new course curated by Glasshouse Policy and Leadership Austin.
The Advance Austin program will help you engage with the political and policy making process at all levels of government. Whether it’s learning how to serve on a board or commission for the first time, staffing an elected official, effectively advocating your priorities, or running for office yourself, the Advance Austin program will equip you with the tools to substantively engage with others to influence the public policy of the future.
The Advance Austin program is a nonpartisan course designed to teach you essential skills for being successful in the political world. We welcome members of all political stripes to respectfully contemplate, debate, and learn critical engagement skills so you can make change for your community.
- Monday, June 5: 4:30-8:30 pm – Austin’s Political Landscape
- Monday, June 12: 4:30-8:30 pm – How to Advocate for What You Believe In
- Saturday, June 17: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm – Applying What You’ve Learned – Practicum 1
- Monday, June 19: 4:30-8:30 pm – Making a Difference on the Inside – A look behind the scenes
- Monday, June 26: 4:30-8:30 pm – Making a Difference on the Outside – Engaging with the community
- Saturday, July 8: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm – Applying What You’ve Learned – Practicum 2
To participate, fill out this application and we will follow up with you soon.