Austin Young Chamber of Commerce Event and Marketing Coordinator Job Description
Job Title: Event and Marketing Coordinator
Date: Position available January 2, 2018.
Employment/Benefits: Full Time – Salaried; Health Care and Phone Stipend; Flexible Schedule; Unlimited Vacation; Perks from our Partners
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
About the Austin Young Chamber of Commerce (AYC):
AYC is a 501c6 membership association founded in 2009 with nearly 600 individual members in the Central Texas area. By joining the staff of the AYC you will have the opportunity to expand your network, gain valuable experience, and be part of a small but thriving team.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Event and Marketing Coordinator will have two primary responsibilities: (1) plan and execute core programs and special events for AYC members and the young professional community at large, and (2) implement marketing and communications strategies to ensure event success.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
With support from staff, Board of Directors, and membership, coordinate all core programs including monthly speaker series, networking events, happy hours, morning coffees, and panels/workshops.
- Identify venues, recruit volunteers, secure speakers and vendors. Duties will include negotiating agreements, managing expectations, and maintaining timely communication to ensure event success.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that maximizes engagement for members/attendees and ROI for sponsors.
- Manage all pre-, onsite, and post- program logistics including acquisition of all needed supplies, sponsor activation plans, set up/strike, registration, and liaising with vendors and volunteers.
- Track and evaluate event metrics including attendance and expenses.
With support from staff, Board of Directors, and membership committees, be the logistics coordinator for AYC special events that include, but are not limited to, the LEAD Summit and Changemaker Luncheon, Annual Tailgate, Crawfish Boil, Casino Social, and FAVE Awards.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director, Director of Development and event Committee to create full event vision including marketing, fundraising, budgeting, and volunteer components.
- Coordinate all event communications and ticket sales.
- Oversee event implementation including securing all necessary supplies, vendors, volunteers. Manage event set up, guest check in, sponsor activation, and strike.
- Assist Executive Director with additional projects as needed, such as workshops and civic engagement events.
- Work in various capacities at fundraising and volunteer events as needed.
- Assist with membership recruitment and member engagement during events.
- General administrative support as needed.
The Austin Young Chamber has a small staff, produces a lot of events, and operates as a non-profit organization. The ideal candidate can multitask, wear multiple hats, and is a team player. Knowledge and comfort asking for donations is a plus. Candidate will need to clearly articulate Austin Young Chamber vision, mission and purpose with authenticity, and work well in a dynamic environment (co-working space).
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations/marketing, non-profit management, hospitality, or related field and two years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of social media tools, Microsoft Office, and Google Apps.
- Experience with HTML, email marketing and content management systems (Eventbrite, MailChimp).
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, WordPress, and digital photography a plus.
- Customer service skills – we are a membership association after all.
- The ability to think on your feet, problem solve, and maintain a positive attitude.
- The ability to be precise and attentive to details.
- The ability to meet deadlines, be organized and goal-oriented.
- Ability to work early morning and/or evening events as needed.
Physical Demands and Environment:
The Program Coordinator will be expected to have daily transportation. The position requires a flexible schedule as events and meetings may occur in the evenings or occasionally on weekends. He/she will spend some time in the office that could involve intermittent physical activities including bending, reaching, sitting and walking. Additionally it is anticipated that the person may spend several hours of each day seated at a PC. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with physical disabilities to perform the job. Because we are a dynamic and changing organization, responsibilities and duties included in this job description are subject to modification as the needs of the organization change.
This is a full time, entry level position. Salary range is mid-$30K based on skills and experience. To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and three references to our Executive Director – email@example.com. Application deadline is December 13, 2017.
Great job! Thanks for sharing this information!