The Austin Young Chamber of Commerce Favorite Austin Venture or Enterprise (FAVE) Awards, presented by State Farm, were held Friday night at the Radisson Hotel in a packed ballroom. The 6th Annual FAVE Awards honored 17 businesses and community leaders in 18 diverse categories.
“Young professionals made their voice heard to honor the community and the businesses that represent the best parts of Austin’s culture. Whether the company is big or small, new or established, each of these were nominated by hundreds, voted on by thousands, and honored by all of us,” said Reese Cisneros, Chair of the AYC FAVE Committee.
“In one year we doubled the size and engagement of the event,” Kelly Mosser, board member of the the Austin Young Chamber of Commerce, and Co-Chair for the evening, added. “Every nominee and winner represents the heart and soul of Austin. We are fortunate each one is working to make Austin what it is and preserve what brought each of us here.”
The winners include (in presentation order):
- FAVE Community Minded Company: H-E-B Texas Grocery
- FAVE Local Non-Profit: Austin Pets Alive!
- FAVE Professional Development Source: SOS Leadership
- FAVE Small Business: HMG Creative
- FAVE Innovative Company: Google
- FAVE Financial Services: University Federal Credit Union
- FAVE Local Living: Realty Austin
- FAVE Night Out: Alamo Drafthouse
- FAVE Winery / Brewery / Distillery: Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- FAVE Happy Hour Spot: Easy Tiger
- FAVE Legendary Austin Brand: Alamo Drafthouse
- FAVE Eatery: Sway
- FAVE Day Out: Town Lake / Lady Bird Lake (The Trail Foundation)
- FAVE Place to Treat Yo’Self: Viva Day Spa
- FAVE Source for Local Info: Austin Chronicle
- FAVE Festival /Event: SXSW
- FAVE Music Venue: ACL Live at The Moody Theater
- FAVE Event Space: Waller Ballroom
The FAVE awards are community-based awards. People from across the city nominate their favorite businesses starting in June and nominations remain open through summer. Once those nominees are set, AYC members and the community at large vote on the top 5 nominees. The voting period is open for approximately one month and is open to the entire city.
“The FAVE awards are unique. They are about business and the community. The city owns the process and their voice is heard,” Matt Glazer, the Executive Director of the Austin Young Chamber of Commerce explained. “It is with a clear and unified voice that we can proudly say these are the favorite businesses of young professionals in Austin. We all congratulate the nominees and winners of the 2015 FAVE awards.”
Photos from the event are available for use online at: http://bit.ly/1MNYnin
The Austin Young Chamber of Commerce is a 501c6 membership organization. Over 1,600 people take part in AYC’s programs throughout the year. Members are involved in volunteerism, arts & culture, and engaging in economic development and growth within Austin. AYC’s primary purpose is to empower the next generation of Austin leaders.