The Leadership Service Committee, our board, and founders have all been communicating via email since central Texas was rocked by these nasty storms. We will keep this short, but we hope you will get involved and help our neighbors in their time of need.
They are most in need of the following items:
- Gift cards for food, clothes, and general materials.
- Paper goods and products (paper towels, paper plates & cups, napkins, etc) and small toiletry items
- High-protein canned meals with pop-top cans (ravioli, soups, spaghetti, tuna, salmon, chicken, beans, chili)
- Single serving meals that do not require refrigeration or cooking/meals ready to eat
- Single serving snacks such as raisins, granola bars, and nuts
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Fruits/Veggies
Collected items can dropped off at these locations:
- Cabela’s, 15570 S IH 35 Frontage Rd, Buda, TX 78610
- Hays County Food Bank, 220 Herndon Street, San Marcos, TX 78666
- Barton Middle School, 4950 Jack C. Hays Trail, Buda, TX 78610
- Wallace Middle School, 1500 West Center, Kyle, TX 78640
- Chapa Middle School, 3311 Dacy Lane, Kyle, TX 78640
- Katherine Anne Porter School, 515 FM2325, Wimberley, TX 78676
- Capital Area Food Bank, 8201 S. Congress Ave, Austin, TX, 78745
If you have any spare time to volunteer, the Capital Area Food Bank needs volunteers to pack emergency boxes. To sign up to volunteer or learn more click here. In addition, AYC will be collecting these items at all of our upcoming events and committee meetings.
Specifically our speaker series this afternoon, economic development committee meeting tonight, and member mixer tomorrow night. If you cannot come to any of those events, you can drop items off with prior communication at our new office.
The Austin Chronicle has a list of other ways you can help and organizations working on relief efforts. Regardless of how you want to get involved, we encourage you to assist. You can see that full, constantly updated list here.
Thank you all so much and if you share this online, please use #AYCHelps, so we can find it, see it, share it, and amplify your voice.