Name: Ashly Marquez
Title: Business Development Specialist
Company: University Federal Credit Union
1. How did you get to Austin?
I grew up in the hill country in the small town of Johnson City Texas, which is about 45mins West of Austin, where I graduated from Lyndon Baines Johnson’s High school (LBJ High school). It was after high school when I then moved to Austin, where I attended college at St. Edward’s University to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Business Finance!
2. Why did you join the AYC?
I’m a very social individual and when I graduated from St. Ed’s I wanted to continue my growth and development in a professional and social manner and that’s when I came across AYC. It’s an organization that encompassed everything I was looking for to continue my community involvement/impact.
3. What is your favorite lunch spot?
Honestly, I don’t really have a favorite spot that I go to because it changes based off what I’m craving the day of…but it’s almost a must that my lunch spots have outdoor seating! 🙂
4. If you could have any super power, what would it be and what would you use it for?
My super power would be to fly! I would use it to travel the world and experience all different types of life and cultures and spread as much joy as possible, to each place I visit!
5. If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
Tom Hanks, I feel like he’d be a great conversationalist…whether I was asking for advice or wanting a great laugh!
6. What are your top 3 things to do/see in Austin?
Kayaking on Lake Austin, Ice Skating on the roof of Whole foods and hanging out with friends at Zilker Park…which is near the trail and Barton Springs. 🙂
7. If you played hooky for a day, where would we find you?
Either on the lake or doing some kind of outdoors activity!
8. When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
That I get to do what I love on a daily basis…I get to meet new people and build new relationships with a multitude of different people and companies!
9. What do you think is the best invention in the past 50 years?
10. Who was your first Facebook friend?
My best friend from High School, Heather Hawkins!
11. If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
I would want to live in West Austin right off of Lake Austin!