Member of the Month: Brynn Biddle
Name: Brynn Biddle
Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Company: Komen Austin
1. How did you get to Austin?
I moved to Austin largely on whim for an adventure after graduating from Penn State. I packed my car up and drove to Texas with no job and no specific plan. My first month living here was on an air mattress. I lived with two guys from college and paid rent by cooking and cleaning.
2. Why did you join the AYC?
I wanted to become more involved while meeting like-minded young professionals. I love that AYC gives me the opportunity to get to know people from every industry imaginable.
3. What is your favorite lunch spot?
The flagship Whole Foods location despite the number of choices being overwhelming.
4. If you could have any super power, what would it be and what would you use it for?
I want the power to teleport. I could get everywhere that I need to without the hassle of planes, trains or automobiles.
5. If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
Justin Timberlake. I was a huge N’Sync fan back in the day. If I could babysit in exchange for dance lessons I would be all for JT being my neighbor.
6. What are your top 3 things to do/see in Austin?
I am a big fan of walking along South Congress to window shop and get tasty food. I love all of the free, outdoor events that the city hosts (Christmas caroling at the Capitol, Blues on the Green, Zilker Hillside theater, etc.). When it comes to going out, you can usually find me on Rainey street with a stout beer or fun cocktail.
7. If you played hooky for a day, where would we find you?
Hiking somewhere in the hill country and then hitting up a nearby swimming hole.
8. When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
I do marketing for Susan G. Komen. You know, the breast cancer organization that does the Race for the Cure.
9. What do you think is the best invention in the past 50 years?
GPS! I would be lost (pun intended) without it.
10. Who was your first Facebook friend?
Wasn’t everyone’s first friend Mark Zuckerberg? Seriously though, probably a random person that I met at a party during my freshman year of college.
11. If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
I would love to live abroad for a while, specifically in Germany, New Zealand or Australia. If I had to live somewhere else in the U.S. it would likely be Philadelphia, Denver, Boston or Seattle.