1. How did you get to Austin?
Believe it or not, I was BORN and RAISED in Austin, Texas. Hook ’em.
2. Why did you join the AYC?
Joined the AYC to be a part of the next generation of leaders in Austin, to grow my network (socially and professionally), and to give back to the community in any way possible. AYC is the perfect org to accomplish this.
3. What is your favorite lunch spot?
Food and I go way back. Love all diners, dives, and drive-ins, especially the hole in the wall eateries that most people would drive by without second thought of stopping. In Austin – these are the best. Popular places though – love the brunch menu at The Goodnight, Second Bar and Kitchen, Hopdoddy, East Side Kings, TNT…too many to chose from.
4. If you could have any super power, what would it be and what would you use it for?
Ah, great question. Probably would have to go with flying. Love to see new places and people. Would really enjoy just a quick fly over to Brazil for the World Cup, or over Austin traffic. Aside from my selfish use of this power, I would use it to rescue people in distress (like a modern-day Superman).
5. If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
Anyone besides Justin Bieber.
6. What are your top 3 things to do/see in Austin?
Greenbelt. Barton Springs. Zilker/Town Lake.
7. If you played hooky for a day, where would we find you?
Wow, haven’t heard the word “hooky” since 7th grade! Really enjoy my job and growing the business but if I had the day off you would most likely find me at a pool, a park, with my family, wandering the town, or eating at a trailer…definitely not just at one place on my day off!
8. When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
Live.Laugh.Love. HA, joking. I would tell them I’m Biz Dev at AVAI Mobile, the best mobile app shop in Austin…hands down. Our company takes a different approach, a better approach, to tablet/phone app development and would love to share why!
9. What do you think is the best invention in the past 50 years?
iPhone. Next question.
10. Who was your first Facebook friend?
No idea. For all intents and purposes, Mark Zuckerberg sent me a personal invite to join…was great.
11. If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
Why would I not be able to live here? This is THE place to be right now. Guess I’ll have to retire sometime and have a vacation house, though. Bora Bora will work.