Name: David Bean
Title: Associate, REALTOR
Company: DEN Property Group
1. How did you get to Austin?
I moved here to attend The University of Texas and stayed for a few years after school. I then left for a little over 4 years to live in Washington, DC and now I am back.
2. Why did you join the AYC?
I wanted to get involved in an organization that I believe has the ability to make a positive impact on the future of Austin while introducing me to other driven young professionals from various industries. Plus, I knew the social aspects would be good as well.
3. What is your favorite lunch spot?
County Line on the Lake. If I can find any excuse to make it out there and eat BBQ, I will.
4. If you could have any super power, what would it be and what would you use it for?
Time travel and I would utilize this power to go back and tell my grandfather to buy as much real estate as he could in Austin.
5. If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
Bill Gates. If I could afford to live next door to him, then clearly I’d be set.
6. What are your top 3 things to do/see in Austin?
Cheering on the Longhorns at DKR Stadium, trying new restaurants and driving through the hill country on my way to the lake.
7. If you played hooky for a day, where would we find you?
I’d most likely be on the Lady Bird Lake Hike and Bike Trail for a long run or playing golf at the Butler Park Pitch and Putt.
8. When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
I’m a real estate agent and I really love what I do. This role often evolves into playing tour guide for Austin, which makes it a blast.
9. What do you think is the best invention in the past 50 years?
Gatorade because whether you need to hydrate from a good workout or too much fun from the night before, this can be your best friend.
10. Who was your first Facebook friend?
I don’t remember who my first friend was but I do remember that I joined the week of finals and that was not a good idea.
11. If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
Washington, DC. I miss it.