1. How did you get to Austin?
I moved here to open the Westin Austin at the Domain after living in Switzerland for 4 years
2. Why did you join the AYC?
I joined AYC to network young professionals who are trying to make an impact on the community and their career. I felt it is an important community to be a part of and I am so grateful I found AYC!
3. What is your favorite lunch spot?
My favorite lunch spot is Arturo’s on 17th st. It is a uniquely Austin café with an attitude. They have the freshest ingredients and a relaxed artistic environment. I recommend the Amalfi sandwich.
4. If you could have any super power, what would it be and what would you use it for?
My super power would be to rewind, pause and fast forward time. The pause power would be especially helpful when I want to make a moment last.
5. If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
I would die and go to heaven if I lived next door to Joe Walsh. I feel like I would be endlessly entertained by his stories and would have a musical neighbor.
6. What are your top 3 things to do/see in Austin?
My top 3 things to do in Austin include
a. People watching on South Congress on the weekends during the Artist Markets
b. Catch a live show at Hotel Vegas
c. Once a year get dressed in a Gorilla Suit and run 3 miles for the Austin Gorilla Run. Preferably wearing a tutu over my Gorilla Suit.
7. If you played hooky for a day, where would we find you?
If I played hooky you would find me at my ranch in Bandera County hunting
8. When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
When people ask me what I do for a living I tell them I am a travel representative for Austin. I seek opportunities to initiate room blocks for corporate and social needs as well as manage revenue strategies for my hotel.
9. What do you think is the best invention in the past 50 years?
The best invention in the last 50 years that comes to my mind immediately is mapping software. Google Maps is a fabulous tool for the directionally challenged.
10. Who was your first Facebook friend?
My first facebook friend was Justin Brown who told me facebook was the more grown up version of Myspace. I think he will be President of the United States one day.
11. If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
If I couldn’t live in Austin, I would live in Koh Samui, Thailand on the beach and would not own close-toed shoes.