Member of the Month: Sara Lasseter
Name: Sara Lasseter
Title: Senior Account Executive
Company: SHIFT Communications
1. How did you get to Austin?
Came to Austin from Arlington/Mansfield, Texas to attend The University of Texas at Austin for a PR degree, and never looked back. Hook ‘Em Horns! \m/
2. Why did you join the AYC?
Because why wouldn’t you! Great people, great events – it’s the best way make real friendships and valuable professional connections.
3. What is your favorite lunch spot?
St. Philip is a killer lunch/brunch spot. Pizza, pasta, drinks with a bakery attached. Heaven is a place on Earth.
4. If you could have any super power, what would it be and what would you use it for?
To eat as much as I want without feeling full or gaining weight, ever.
5. If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
6. What are your top 3 things to do/see in Austin?
UT Football game/tailgating; breakfast tacos from TacoDeli, El Primo and Tacorrido; walking around the lake and landing on a nice spot with a view to enjoy a secret flask of wine (or your preferred spirit).
7. If you played hooky for a day, where would we find you?
At the nearest corgi meet up. I do not (yet) have a corgi to snuggle with, but ONE DAY. Backup plan – an extended visit to Fredricksburg wineries.
8. When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
I help tech companies’ voices soar above industry noise to gain recognition and accolades.
9. What do you think is the best invention in the past 50 years?
The Internet is pretty handy. Also, Netflix.
10. Who was your first Facebook friend?
My childhood friend that originally invited me.
11. If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
San Francisco or Seattle. Barcelona, Amsterdam or London if we’re talking international.