Member of the Month: Tricia Kellam
Name: Tricia Kellam
Company: Keller Williams
Title: Executive Administrator to President
1. How did you get to Austin?
I was born and raised here and have never wanted to live anywhere else. Some people may have a hard time adapting to our growth but I’m embracing it. Change is exciting!
2. Why did you join the AYC?
I love meeting new people, learning what they’re passionate about and connecting them with other great people in our community.
3. What is your favorite lunch spot?
When I have the opportunity to go out for lunch during the week, I love eating at Trudy’s. I’m also a big fan of weekend brunch. The Driskill is one of my go-to spots for celebrating with family and friends.
4. If you could have any super power, what would it be and what would you use it for?
I’m not sure if this counts as a super power, but it would be amazing if I never had to sleep. I could conquer the world with a little more time each day!
5. If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
Jimmy Fallon. He’s funny and relatable and probably wouldn’t mind taking care of my dog Milli when I travel.
6. What are your top 3 things to do/see in Austin?
It depends on the season, but you can’t go wrong with: 1. Attending a music festival. 2. Touring the food trailers. 3. And taking a dip in Barton Springs.
7. If you played hooky for a day, where would we find you?
I’m not going to tell because I don’t want anyone to find me!
8. When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
I work for an amazing company, Keller Williams, which was founded and is headquartered in Austin. I have the privilege of working for the president of the largest real estate company in North America so no day is ever the same. Recently I was in charge of a 5K supporting Austin Pets Alive! I do everything from negotiating contracts and planning build-outs to organizing office pranks and fun!
9. What do you think is the best invention in the past 50 years?
The Internet. It’s changed everything. I love shopping and keeping up with friends and everything that’s happening in the world and I can do all of that from the convenience of my phone.
10. Who was your first Facebook friend?
I have no clue! That’s like asking me how I felt on the first day of elementary school.
11. If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
Hawaii, for many of the reasons I love Austin: great food, great people, great scenery, and tons of great options for active living! Plus there is an ocean!!!