AMBASSADOR OF THE MONTH: Julia Dow
Name: Julia Dow
Role: Sr. Compensation Analyst
- What brought you to Austin and how long have you been here?
I went to school at Texas State (Eat ’em Up Cats!) and loved central Texas so the natural move after graduating was to make my way to Austin. I’ve been here since ’11 and can’t imagine life anywhere else!
- How did you get connected to AYC?
I had known about AYC for a few years and finally joined after taking some time to really focus on my goals and what I wanted to achieve in the coming years. I knew that the people I surrounded myself with was going to be a huge catalyst in personal growth and AYC had the perfect blend of focus on career, service, and the community.
- What are you involved with in AYC AND what is your favorite part of AYC?
I joined the ambassador committee right after joining AYC and it’s been such a fun time being able to meet new members and help out at a variety AYC events. My favorite part of AYC is hands-down the people, and subsequently all the fun times at the great events that AYC puts on.
- Where can we find you brunching in Austin on any given Saturday?
Ooh that’s a hard one! Probably at a new restaurant that’s just opened, I love trying new places and rarely repeat restaurants making exceptions only for my Austin staples.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and what would you use it for?
Flying for sure – all the travel I could do…and traffic I would miss
- If you could have any celebrity live next door to you, who would it be?
Oprah – hello everyday inspiration! Also, I’m sure there would be gifting involved on the regular
- If you had guests visiting Austin for the weekend, where is the first place you would take them to show them a good time?
Probably some paddleboarding on Lady Bird Lake then cooling off with some beverages on Rainey st.
- If you played hooky for a day, where would we find you and what would you be doing?
I’d be at a workout class, followed by a spa day, then finishing out with a great dinner out on the town.
- When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
I value jobs, recommend pay actions, and make sure that we’re paying our employees competitively. In the end, lots of math!
- What technology could you not live without?
Internet – powers my cell phone and Netflix obsession
- Who inspires you?
So cliche but, my mom. She is the strongest, smartest, funniest, and most caring person I know!
- If you couldn’t live in Austin, where would you want to live?
Nashville, same vibe but with tons of country music!
Soup or Salad? Salad
Indoors or Outdoors? Outdoors
Winter or Summer? Summer
Tea or Coffee? Tea
Mountains or Beach? Beach
- Favorite Drink?