INTERNSHIP: Join the AYC Team
The Austin Young Chamber of Commerce (AYC) is a 501c6 membership association whose mission is to develop and connect young professionals in Austin to create business, community and individual success.
AYC is the fastest growing young professional organization and second largest chamber in Austin. We were formed in 2009 and have more than 1,500 individuals who take part in our programs each year. Given our growth and impact within the community, we are seeking an intern to provide support to the Events and Program Manager and the Director of Development and Member Relations in a variety of capacities.
Essential job functions are described below. Training and staff support will be provided as necessary.
- Must be a social media maven with experience managing various social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Prepare social media posts on a weekly basis
- Manage/edit our Eventbrite Ticket system and our online Events Page
- Must demonstrate communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities
- Assist in entering event information into our member database system
- Attend most events and annual signature events with the ability to assist staff in event preparation, event set-up, and event break down
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Flexible and adaptable. AYC possesses a start-up style environment.
- Reliable. Be on time, meet deadlines
- Organized. Attention to detail.
- Proactive. Ask rather than wait to be told what to do.
- Knowledge of social media tools, MS office, Google Apps, HTML, email marketing, CMS, and/or Adobe InDesign are considered a plus
- Experience with WordPress and Eventbrite
If you are looking to gain valuable experience within a non-profit/chamber of commerce setting, expand your network, and get hands-on marketing, social media, event management, fundraising and member relations experience, you should apply for this internship! Hours are flexible and dependent on AYC event calendar. AYC events are at different locations around town and at different times of day, including after the traditional workday is over. Some of the work associated with this position can be done remotely. This position is expected to work most if not all AYC events. Please send resume and cover letter to Lane@AustinYoungChamber.org with the subject line “AYC Internship Resume”.